Youth & Family Faith Formation
Please feel free to contact the office with questions or concerns regarding any area of our programming for your families’ faith formation. We are available by phone, email, or personal visit.
If you wish to visit the office, it would be to your benefit to call first and make sure someone will be in the office when you intend to come by. You will not gain access to the building if we are not in the office.
If you call during office hours and get our answering machine, please leave a message and one of us will return your call as quickly as possible. We often have meetings, programs, liturgies or special events that take us out of the office during business hours.
SCHEDULED HOURS: Monday-Friday | 10:00-4:00 Tuesday Evenings | 5:00-9:00
Saturday Mornings |hours vary after sessions end for the year; as always, please call before heading over
Phone: 716.675.3714 | Fax: 716.674.2793
Dedicated Ministry Phone: 716.775.QHYM (716.775.7496)
NEXT SESSION DATES:
- Grades PK-5 Saturday 9:45-11:15
- Family Program Sunday 8:45 – 11:00
- Edge Tuesday evening 7:00 – 8:30
- Life Teen Sunday 6:30 until after 8:00 Mass
- Calendars will be emailed at the end of August. Please visit the Youth Ministry website for dates & information on summer events & activities for Life Teen and Edge. Please call the Youth and Family Ministry office at 716-675-3714 if you have any questions. Registration forms are on this site. Please get them in as soon as possible. Resources must be ordered early and number of students are critical for that. IF you are new to the parish, or if you didn’t receive information from us regarding registration or Confirmation prep, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and we will get materials out to you or call us at 716-675-3714.
SACRAMENTAL PARENT MEETINGS
- FIRST RECONCILIATION and EUCHARIST parent meetings are held in the fall. If you are a QH parish parent/guardian of children attending Queen of Heaven school or faith formation programs, you will receive information regarding additional opportunities to meet via email when your children are in the appropriate age.
- **If your children attend QH school and you belong to another parish, you need to contact that parish faith formation department if they have not already contacted you.
- CONFIRMATION parent/candidate meetings are held in mid-late September. This meeting is for both parent/guardians & candidates, unlike the primary sacrament meetings that are just for parents.
- Meetings dates are as follows:
- Confirmation – PARENTS and CANDIDATES: Tuesday 9/18 7:15 – 8:15 in church
- alternate date: Saturday 9/29 10:00 – 11:00 in church; church hall if there’s a funeral
- First Reconciliation – PARENTS ONLY: Tuesday 10/16 7:15 – 8:15 in church
- alternate date: Saturday 10/20 10:00 – 11:00 in church; church hall if there is a funeral
- First Eucharist – PARENTS ONLY: Tuesday 11/13 7:15 – 8:15 in church
- alternate date: Saturday 11/17 10:00 – 11:00 in church; church hall if there is a funeral